How often do you wish you could calm down or just relax? Everyone has a built-in capacity for deep relaxation, but they may not appreciate or know how to access it. This practice will teach you a way to connect with your own ability for deep inner relaxation.
- Breathe mindfully for about a minute.
- Set your intention. For example, “May this practice of deep relaxation bring me health and ease.”
- Focus mindfully on the sensations of your breath, in and out.
- Imagine that you are inhaling calm and peace. With each
out-breath, exhale any unnecessary tension in your body.
- Breathe this way for a few more minutes. Let the actual flow of your breath support you, bringing in peace and carrying out tension.
- End by opening your eyes and moving gently.